Thursday, September 5, 2013

Dirty in Spades

Never have I ever chosen a book or read an article for its title.  Clap, put a finger down, run like hell, whatever may suit your fancy in Idaho (I've never been there yet nice people) and just admit it.  You've done it.  I'm not going to lie, I went into Barnes and Noble picked out a book and then purchased it on amazon two hours later.  I don't get paid much at all these days and this is what I'm paying to do.  Funny how life turns out that way, yet it is ever amusing.

The chapters in the text concentrated on how to garner attention for your work.  Everything from learning how to accurately hyperlink and title to personal publishing was covered over the past two days.  Half the time it was basic rhetoric, I understood how to make words flow on a page because I'd been trying to make my personality flow in life just as that was.  You want to drive down a road in the U.S. more than you do in rural Vietnam.  Believe me on that one.  My computer now has a dent after bounced like panda express chicken, it wasn't supposed to.  That's a story for another time but I think there was a correlation between my fat bouncing while running and the chicken bouncing when it hit the ground in the mall.  Once more I ramble!  

"It's easy to write poorly, but it's hard to write poorly every day...it's hard to write every day" -Rebecca Blood.

That statement runs an unnervingly true river, half the time I can imagine the words to write, come up with the story and sell it like its the new bread.  Yet sometimes I stutter and just can't find my words, even within life.  I'm sitting here this morning and not understanding the intricacy of words, but why is it that we don't just click everyday.  For example, we all have work to do, a set amount that usually isn't such a great burden, yet most of us procrastinate and dodge, why?  What is the point of it, when usually our distractions are no more than just that, simple and useless distraction?  I can't imagine why my procrastination has burned such an indelible mark into my mind.  I did get a fortune cookie yesterday and it said "opportunity will come tomorrow, grab on".  Guess who is getting back to work tonight?

~Love Media Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment