Thursday, October 31, 2013

Your Life Page 82

Hello!  Happy Halloween!~
Not that I am one to quote the movie almost each and everyday, but usually if I have accomplished a large goal and only have minor ones or I'm intoxicated, I do get really bitchy.  "Oh by all means do move at a glacial pace, you know how that entertains me" <------ it doesn't get any better than that.  Just saying.  After working a different set of jobs I can't help but have an appreciation for different aspects of life.  Like I am one of those people that eats out (at generally cheap restaurants) most days of the week.  I've worked at three separate restaurants and I understand the build that goes into a 7 dollar quesadilla, and how expensive a 7 dollar quesadilla may be.  In the class that I write this particular blog for, we are being productive to prepare for a potential job in this field, and now our job is to make a video.  Needless to say the sun isn't shining on me right now.

I once participated in writing college essays for my younger cousin, she had a bunch of random essays to do and was like "MIKE HELP ME" pretty desperately.  I applied to a good number of schools that didn't have essays and were free for a reason ; ).  My favorite essay, without a second thought, was the "In a 500 Page Memoir of Your Life, what is on page 82" or something or another.  If I actually knew the college I would look it up once more, but my memory is fuzzy and I couldn't help her.  Well I did come up with some good premise ideas from the time I spent with her, yet I couldn't help but think what a struggle that must be for a highschool student.  Its a very good supplementary essay to give, I'm still impressed.

"Sometimes I get 6 to 7 hours of footage to edit into 30 seconds"- Craig Lewandowski, Editor

I'm a critic, we are all critics.  So how do we edit our lives?  Is this another facet of social media use or something that comes to our hygiene?  Or every aspect of life for that matter?  Editing is a very complex process and credits at the end of a movie truly aren't long enough.  When it comes to my favorite aspect of life, publishing comes with so many counters that just a name on the book isn't enough.  I never used to read the acknowledgements at the end or front of a book, yet now I do every single time because of how important they are.  Every form of media comes with a grand deal of work, and I feel like with the reading of the editing process we can appreciate our life outlets even more.

~Love Media Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment