Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Framing the Real You


Dear Strangers and Stalkers,
I started eating candy corn the moment Walmart started selling it, aka last year, yet still and all what is the best part about October?  "Halloween is when girls can dress as slutty as they want" without any ramifications.  I'm disappointed in myself that I can't properly quote the movie like I should, yet I know if I say "I'm a Mouse, duh!" then you'll get it.  Welcome to October!  I'm a lover of costumes and everything you can do with them in any situation.  Be afraid for mine, I always go to a place in NYC to get the best possible fashion statement.  In those misguided moments in my past I was a cow and let's just say the utters were disturbingly realistic.  This year I'm going to fulfill a promise I made freshman year to myself, and I'm sort of intimidated.

I tried to find a horrifying pictures yet it gave people nightmares on that year, needless to say it wasn't pretty.  Now languages and images would be nothing without their framing, correct?  Like if we all didn't take the importance of our existing ideologies, conventions and shared assumptions, we wouldn't be able to translate what people were saying.  That was one of my favorite moments studying abroad, how I conceptualized different cultures to how they conceptualized america?  That was fantastic.  Nothing is more eye opening than seeing how you truly see yourself after seeing how you take in a new environment.  Our sentence structures are like geometry theorems, If Then we understand.  

That one time I used this as a life inspiration.  Oh yea that was yesterday.

Love Media Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment