Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Welcome Paranormal Activity

Happy Hump Day Dears!

I'm giving you a throwback Thursday with this one, because do you remember when you got scared so hard a lot of inappropriate things happened?  Comment with the craziest one you've ever heard when someone gets scared!  And I'll send you something good in the mail....?  I don't know I just want a comment from a stranger is all.  Back on topic!  If you watch the trailer, this movie was tough to get into theatres locally, because of how much it cost to produced and how it wasn't a well funded movie.  Well now, need I say more??  I haven't seen number 16 but I still get chills for like 1 to 3, they were scary.  And the main reason they were horrifying?  Perspective!

If I managed to talk about perspective in another way or another I would sound like a broken record, but since I think I can nail this down a bit, I'll try.  Paranormal Activity had a great deal of rhetorical appeal for a few reasons, hopefully I can tackle them with this post and what I grasped to a higher degree from the reading.  The cast was normal looking in their own beautiful way.  Micah had an appeal because she looked like an everyday human being, and her acting was something that we would expect to see among out peers.  That enhanced our perspective on an ideological level, because they simply weren't rich and powerful Hollywood stars with years of experience, they were normal people being haunted by a demon.

The camera was first person perspective, as if you were the camera holder or character running through the house.  The movie almost had its own value as a 3-D game like the article mentions the latest attractions at Universal Studios.  We were following through their lives in what I remember to be 20+ days.  I remember when the door slammed in the middle of the night and I jumped for the heavens.  Because who wouldn't leave their door open when they made sure to lock every nook and cranny in their house.  That was the point of the camera, to see if someone was there, and we did through our own lens in the camera lens.

Number 2 movie that still makes me scream to my neighbors and Satan.  Just saying because both can hear whenever I do, its that scary.  Its become a classic Media Mike drinking game since freshman year ever since I would watch it with my sister and her friends in middle school.  Scared me then, scares me now, yet its so exciting.  The time I went caving after watching?  To conquer the fear?  Not so much fun.

Forever and Always,
Love Media Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment